Louisiana Downs is owned by Harrah’s, a casino and entertainment company, since 2002. The agreement gave Harrah’s a 95% stake in a company that now owns both Louisiana Downs and Harrah’s Shreveport Hotel & Casino. The remaining 5 percent of this holding company is owned by a group of Shreveport/Bossier City-area investors.
Discuss Louisiana Downs Picks & Tips in the horse racing handicapping forum.
The racetrack today has a new casino facility and a number of new restaurants. Harrah’s planned for Louisiana Downs to become the only land-based gaming facility with slots in northern Louisiana.